Home > Blog > Join the green revolution today!
Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest RSS

Join the green revolution today!

June 11, 2019

Join the green revolution today!

The facts about single use plastics are very, very scary, and you can’t fail to have noticed the coverage in the media.  As a planet, we now depend on plastic.  However, less than 20% gets recycled, with the other 80% destined for incinerators, landfill or – worse still – our oceans.  Now is the time to take a stand against single use plastics.  In the events world, of course, this is often easier said than done.  Festivals, large arena concerts and other events and occasions need to serve drinks to many thousands of people in a relatively short space of time.  Add to this the fact that they are not allowed to use glass due to obvious health and safety reasons and you have a problem.  Up until recent years, the answer to this problem has been disposable plastic glasses.  However, this means single use plastic which we all understand we HAVE to reduce for the sake of not just our generation, but for future generations to come. 

That’s why here at Event Hire UK we are so excited about our range of reusable plastic cups and glasses, working in partnership with Stack Cup ™.  These are durable, washable and 100% recyclable cups, and you can hire them from us at great prices and have them delivered in crates prior to your event and then collected afterwards for a hassle free solution.  Some of our STACK-CUP™ reusables also outline a deposit scheme on the back, meaning that your guests pay a small additional deposit on top of the price for their first drink and, at the end of the event, can either return the reusable plastic cup to the bar for a deposit refund or alternatively place the reusable cup in a receptacle at the exit point and the value of their deposit will be donated to a charity.  Our reusable plastic STACK-CUP™ products feature the unique handle stacking system allowing you to carry multiple pints and half pints at the same time, avoiding the need for trays and having to queue at the bar again! 

Reusable plastic cups and glasses really are a win-win for everyone concerned and are available in a range of sizes and styles here online today at Event Hire UK, and available in large quantities.  Please don’t hesitate to contact one of our expert sales team who will be delighted to discuss your reusable cups requirements in more detail….and join the green revolution along with us!

Post Your Comment

Name *
Email *
Comment *
  Fields marked with * are required!
 

how to reach us

National Sales Hotline 0800 533 5429

Event Hire UK London
Sales & Distribution Centre

Units A, B & C, Hanworth Trading
Estate, A312 / Hampton Road West,
Hanworth, Middx, TW13 6DH

Opening Times: Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.00pm

Event Hire UK Midlands
Sales & Distribution Centre

HQ & Showroom, Units 1 & 2 Maple
Leaf Industrial Estate, Bloxwich
Lane, Walsall, West Midlands WS2 8TF

Opening Times: Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.30pm

Event Hire UK NORTH WEST
Sales & Distribution Centre

Unit 7, Stakehill Industrial Estate
Finlan Road, Manchester
M24 2RW

Opening Times: Mon-Fri 8.30am-4.30pm

Event Hire UK NORTH
Sales & Distribution Centre

Unit 14, Enterprise Court, Prince Street,
Bradford, West Yorkshire,
BD4 6HQ

Opening Times: Mon-Fri 8.15am-5.00pm

Event Refurb & Hire
Sales Centre

Units 5a, 10 & 11, Blithfield Park Farm, Lea Lane,
Admaston, Nr Rugeley, Staffs
WS15 3NL

Opening Times: Mon-Fri 9.00am-5.00pm

follow us